Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy New Year!

Luckily it's still January! I have had trouble uploading photos to the blog, so I have put off reporting recent events...January 4 was especially "festive"...our Boise State Broncos won the Fiesta Bowl...Jay and Dallin DROVE to Phoenix with a group of 8 guys...had a fabulous time...kept calling me up until game time to see if I had "stomach crunchies!" I have this reputation for premonitions of wins and losses based on what we all term "crunchies." Hey...trust the tummy...WE WON! I never had a single "crunchy." Any football fans out there may remember the fake punt...executed to perfection by 2 Boise boys...the punter, Kyle Brotzman is from Meridian High School, whose head coach just happens to be my son-in-law, Kip! I saw Kyle kick what I estimated to be a 60 yard field goal at one of his high school games...Reed wasn't there to see it, and couldn't believe it when I told him...well, sure enough, in the paper the next day, the actual length was 59 yards. Fantastic!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stomach "crunchies" and field goal guesstimates???I think we need to let the Statesman know about your BSU related supernatural powers...lets not forget radar ears and naughty children premonition...YOU ARE SUPERWOMAN!!!

Peggy Treiber & Jeremy Hess said...

Hi, Kris. It was lovely to read your blog just now. I so treasure the lives we've each made for ourselves out of the last 40 years. It's all good, really. It all is. I have a blog, too, if you want to catch up: http://www.joy-us.blogspot.com/

hugs and happy winter! p.s. i made my first visit to Idaho this summer when we went to the Yellowstone area. Gorgeous!