Sunday, May 18, 2008

Peter Pan, the ballet!




Bailey performed as a "little Wendy" as her ballet class participated in the recital production of Peter Pan...no photos are permitted during the performance, so these were taken after...her teacher is Sarah Arnold Phipps who also taught Missy. Sarah is leaving Boise after 25 years, so this was her last recital, and Bailey's last, as well...she would rather do gymnastics. As her last hurrah, Sarah played the part of the Croc and did a brilliantly hilarious tango with Captain Hook! She bid farewell with a reminiscence of ballerinas past, starting with "her first 'Alice' (from Alice in Wonderland) Missy Bates!" I was teary-eyed the whole night, but having Missy remembered and acknowledged was WONDERFUL! So here's to Bailey and Missy, my beautiful ballerinas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I said it before and I will say it again...there is just something about DANCE that makes me weepy! I think Bailey is re-thinking the whole quitting Ballet thing...she should because she is great! But I would certainly love having her in a recital with Brooklyn if indeed she decides to go through with ballet class again. I don't know...the tights have always been such a hang up for her!